Sunday 27 May 2012

The Way




The Way.....
The Abbot from the Temple in WuTaiShan was sitting on his favorite rock.
I asked permission to join him 
The Abbot said,
"We follow the first patriarch Bodhidharma  and the great Master said,"

"All know the Way,
but few actually walk it."

The Abbot stared at me for what seemed minutes and then continued;

"If you don't find a teacher soon, you'll live this life in vain.
 It's true, you have the buddha-nature. But without the help of a teacher you'll never know it. 
Only one person in a million becomes enlightened without a teacher's help. 
If, though, by the conjunction of conditions, someone understands what the Buddha meant, that person doesn't need a teacher. Such a person has a natural awareness superior to anything taught. But unless you're so blessed, study hard, and by means of instruction you'll understand."

I thanked the Abbot for his wisdom and as I slid off the rock I felt as though I was floating on a cloud.
There was a void in my mind 
An empty space
All I thought I knew 
I didn't
My journey had began
Nathan 

Sent from my iPhone and
With love