Monday 25 June 2012

In memory of Linda...

In memory of Linda...
This story comes from a friend who loved dolls.

"My sister-inlaw was really a friend more than related just by marriage.
Her name was Linda.
I shared everything with Linda, but for one thing.
I couldn't understand Linda's passion for porcelain dolls.
She had about 150 of them.
The dolls were on shelves in a room that was designed just for the dolls.
I admired her for the way she kept them so beautifully.
Sadly, Linda became very ill and after a very short time,
she lost her battle with cancer.
Her brother gave the dolls to charity to be sold.
I was so sad that I hadn't asked for just one doll to remember Linda, a keepsafe,
a memory.
Linda's death was still fresh in my mind and my family took me to a local fair.
They thought the trip would help the healing.
At the fair there was a row of marquees selling various goods. One caught my eye, amongst the snow globes and toys, there was a porcelain doll.
I gasped, it looked just like the ones Linda had.
Pale colour skin, blue eyes,
a beautiful dress, a bonnet covering blond curly hair.
I had to have it.
I thought, everything is so expensive and I only had $20 with me, it was only $19.95.
Of course I bought the doll, and when I got home, I placed the doll carefully on the dresser in my bedroom.
As I re-arranged the dolls dress I noticed a name on the inside of the leg.
It was Linda.
My memory was complete.

"Thank you Divine One,
you care enough to ease the pain of my loss."

Nathan




Sent from my iPhone and
http://www.dharmamaster.com
With love