Tuesday 23 September 2014

.Better than ....

.Better than a thousand pointless words is one saying to the point on hearing which one finds peace
Dhammapada 100

Reflections....

The Silent One entered my dream
My sleep interrupted by his presence
He stared at me for what seemed minutes and then I thought he said.....
"Seeker I warned you about your bad manner, your temper, impatience, arrogance and above all, your intolerance of others beliefs and needs."
He continued....
"We have been down this path before. 
You have let go of old beliefs and prejudices, but now you return to your old habits. 
I ask why?
Fortunately, what is done can be undone.

The decision is yours.

The mantle one wears is of no importance and as you see my garb is just a rag taken from a cemetery.
I asked no ones permission, I took no advice, I was given this robe by my teacher and the only thing he told me was to respect the rules that the robe brought with it.
The Precepts that come with the robe are to be kept without exception. Breaking any one of them shows weak character and is an offense to the community.
There are also Monks rules to be kept that the Buddha created to keep one on the path of ones practice."

"You are not yet ready for this step, too many rules. You are not disciplined enough."

I woke thanking him and thinking that I really must start being serious about my practice.

The sun is shining in through the window.

What a glorious day. 
Nathan





Sent from my iPhone and
With love