Monday 27 October 2014

Mondo.....



A monk asked 
Yun-men: 
"Should one leave home without a parents consent?"
The master said:
"Shallow!"
"I do not understand,"
the monk replied,
"Deep!" said Yun-men.

Yun-men(864-949)
Zen Master

Yun-men addressed the assembly and said: "I am not asking you about the days before the fifteenth of the month. But what about after the fifteenth? Come and give me a word about those days."

And he himself gave the answer for them: "Every day is a good day."

In 949AD he gave his final talk to his monks and said: "Coming and going are continuous, I must be on my way."   He then sat in the lotus position and died. 

Yen-men gave one word answers to most questions. Always sharp, to the point, and most did not understand. To the few who did spend some time in contemplation of his words, came clarity and awareness.

His belief that we think too much was a revelation in his time. Maybe, today we need to adopt some of his thinking. 

"The less we think,  the more we see."

Nathan



Sent from my iPhone and
With love