Friday 6 June 2014

Come! Behold the world, which is like a decorated

Come! Behold the world, which is like a decorated royal chariot. Here, fools flounder, but the wise have no attachment to it.
Dhammapada 171
--------------

I am about to leave on my search once again.
I try to leave ego behind and remain humble with all I meet.
This story reminds me;

......A traveller came in search of the most famous Zen Master Roshi.

He had come so far and was tired and grumpy.

He stopped to ask a Monk where the famous Roshi lived and explained how far he had come and how famous he had heard the Master was.

The Monk said;
You mean to tell me you have travelled so far to see this man?
What a waste of your time.
I know this man personally and he is a zero. You have wasted your time and money on silly rumors.

The visitor was outraged.

You lowly despicable man, what do you know.
You obviously have no understanding of anything spiritual or holy.

Very upset the traveller stormed off.

Later that day, he finally found the great Masters home and having been granted an appointment, was brought into his office.

He nearly fainted in shame and remorse.

The man who he was so rude to in the street was sitting in front of him and was none other than the great Roshi himself.

With tears in his eyes,
he begged forgiveness.

Why are you so upset, there is no need to apologize,
the great man said,
I told you the simple truth,
and everything you said was also true.

The great man then said,
Don't let the kharma of your action take hold of you and make you regret our meeting.

Let go.
Be conscious,
Be responsible,
Buy me lunch.

Nathan


Sent from my iPhone and
http://www.dharmamaster.com
With love