Sunday 12 May 2013

I want to give thanks.

I want to give thanks.

Heartfelt thanks to the people who work tirelessly in the service of others.

I have been in hospital twice in the last few weeks.

The level of care at both Epworth and Austin
were beyond my expectation.

The healing process was sped up considerably by the good grace and care
of most professional carers.

The dedication of a nurse who at three am when seeing me turn my light asked me if I would like a cup of tea.
The dedication of the tea man who on collecting my used cup asked me if I would like another and an extra biscuit.

Both of these extraordinary workers went out of their way to make me comfortable.

The amazing thing is that there was no ulterior motive, no extra benefit,
just care.

The admitting staff, the triage, the assisting doctors, anesthetic doctors and staff, senior and assistant surgeons, and nurses,
all created a seamless level of care and trust that made me feel most comfortable.

Having any health problem is not the best
and particularly when it ends in surgery.
I must say that there is no fear, no apprehension, when one is entrusted in such good care.

Thank you all.

Nathan Black


Sent from my iPhone and
http://www.dharmamaster.com
With love