Friday 13 July 2012

The Divine's existence

 The Divine's Existence

 I was asked recently if I believe in a divine spirit,  a something, or someone, that looks after us. 

Some sort of spark within us.

An entity that guides and guards, that ordains destinies.

My answer is that we doubt, we don't trust,

We suffer.

We blame, shame and punish.

For the few of us, 

when we find The Divine, 

our lives change.

A little boy was walking through the forest and saw a leaf fall from a tree.

He was so shocked,

a leaf should be on a branch not on the ground.

He said to the leaf,

 "why are you on the ground, not on the branch?" 

The leaf replied, Ddon't ask me, the branch shook and I fell.  Ask the branch."

"Branch, why did you shake the leaf off and cause it to fall?" asked the boy.

The branch said, "It's not my fault, the tree swayed violently and I shook. Ask the tree."

The boy now asked the tree, "Why tree, did you sway causing the branch to shake the leaf off and fall on the ground?"

The tree replied, "It's not my fault. The wind blew really hard and caused me to sway and the branch to shake the leaf to the ground. Ask the wind."

So now the boy asks the wind, "Wind, why blow so hard to cause the tree to sway the branch and cause the leaf to fall?"

"Not my fault, I get my instructions from an Angel, go ask the Angel."

The boy gets down on his knees and cries out, "Angel tell me why you asked the wind to blow?"

A beautiful Angel now stands in front of the little boy, "I get my instructions from The Divine One and I just do as I am told." said the Angel.

"Divine, I don't want to trouble you with such a small matter, but why did you ask the Angel to ask the wind to blow,

to move the tree,

to shake the branch,

to cause the leaf to fall?"

"Look under the leaf."

The Divine One said.

The boy looked under the leaf and there was a small worm.

"If the leaf had not have fallen,  the worm would have been burnt by the sun. That is why I started the whole thing." Said The Divine.

And the little boy knew of  The Divine's existence!

Nathan